Living at home and in a community residence
Learn about housing and living options, supports and services.
On this page
- Support around the house - Home and Community Support Services funded by the Ministry provide support with household tasks and personal care, so you can live independently at home. Find out what types of tasks are covered and how to get support.
- Choice in Community Living - Choice in Community Living offers disabled people more control over where you live, who you live with and how you are supported. It is an alternative to residential services and is for people with significant disabilities.
- Community Residential Support - Community Residential Support Services are offered by ministry contracted providers to enable disabled people to live in a home like setting within their community while receiving support for up to 24 hours a day.
- Paying housing costs - Do you need support to meet your day to day living costs? Work and Income may be able to help with one-off payments or an ongoing Disability Allowance. Find out what's available.
- Supported Living - Supported Living supports disabled people to live independently in a safe and appropriate environment. Find out about this option and how it can be tailored to the level of support you need.