Assessments and funding

  • How to access support

    If you have a disability, or care for someone with a disability there is a range of support available. You may also be eligible for Ministry funded disability support services. Find out about the supports available, if you meet the criteria and how to get a needs assessment.

  • Needs assessment services

    If you are looking for support because you or someone you care for has a disability, there are a number of ways you can get support from our Ministry. A good place to start is to contact one of our Needs Assessment Service Coordinator (NASC) organisations.

  • Know your rights

    Disability services should support the life you want to live. Know your rights and what to do if you are concerned or unhappy with the care or support you receive.

  • Individualised Funding

    Individualised Funding (IF) is self directed funding from Whaikaha - Ministry of Disabled People where you can purchase your own disability supports. Find out more here.

  • Purchasing Guidance and Rules

    Find guidance on how to apply the Purchasing Rules which govern disability funding.