If you have questions, feedback or something you would like to share with us, we welcome you to get in touch. You can contact our team in a variety of ways.
Postal address and national office
Our postal address is:
- Whaikaha - Ministry of Disabled People. Reply Paid: 262204. PO Box 1556. Wellington 6140
Our national office is:
- Whaikaha - Ministry of Disabled People. Aurora Centre. 56 The Terrace. Wellington 6011
Email, phone or text
Contact us by email, phone or text within New Zealand:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries or questions
- Phone: 0800 566 601 (Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri: 8am - 5pm. Wed: 9:30am - 5pm)
- Text: 4206
New Zealand Relay service
New Zealand Relay is a telecommunications service for people who are Deaf, Deaf-blind, experiencing hearing loss or have a speech condition.
All New Zealand Relay calls are strictly private so your information is safe and secure.
Find out more about this service at the New Zealand Relay website external URL
Give feedback on our use of Plain Language
If you would like to give feedback on our use of plain language please email us at email@example.com.
Feedback on our content includes our documents, website and any other guidance Whaikaha has published. Examples of what you could give feedback on include:
- Was this content easy to understand?
- Was it easy to find the information I needed?
- Is the information ordered in a way that makes sense?
- Is the purpose of the document clear?
Make a complaint about disability supports and services
It is your right to give feedback or make a complaint about disability support services.
Visit our Disability services complaints and feedback page to make a complaint about disability supports and services.
Make a Privacy Act request or complaint
If you would like to:
- request access to your personal information
- request a correction of your personal information
- make a complaint about how we handled your personal information
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Make an Official Information Act (OIA) request
If you would like to request government information (official information), please contact us by:
- Email: OIA_requests@whaikaha.govt.nz
- Postal address: Whaikaha - Ministry of Disabled People. Reply No. 262204. PO Box 1556. Wellington.
Find out more about Official Information Act requests
If you're a media outlet and have a query about Whaikaha - Ministry of Disabled People, please contact our Media Team.
The Official Information Act and media responses
Whaikaha – Ministry of Disabled People takes seriously its obligations under the Official Information Act 1982. That includes responding to requests for official information via media queries.
Whaikaha personal information release form
This form is used by journalists or reporters to ask members of the public to give permission for Whaikaha to release information about them that relates to the story they are writing. More information is on the form.
- Large Print - personal information release form (DOCX 363KB)
- New Zealand Sign Language - personal information release form external URL
- Easy Read - personal information release form (PDF 1.6MB)
- Braille - personal information release form (BRF 2KB)
- Audio - personal information release form (MP3 1MB)
Want regular updates on what's happening at Whaikaha? Sign up to our community newsletter. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Follow us on social media for the latest updates.
- Whaikaha Facebook page external URL
- Whaikaha LinkedIn page external URL
- Whaikaha Twitter page external URL